This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Pumpkin spice and everything nice
My favorite season is here! Fall is upon us and with that comes cooler mornings and hot breakfasts.
I like to eat oatmeal just about every morning and like to switch the toppings up.I’m obsessed with everything pumpkin spice! Here is a quick, easy, and healthy pumpkin pie oatmeal recipe that I really enjoy. The best part is that my toddler loved it, too! Update: My twins came home from school and could still smell the wonderful smells and requested it for an after school snack!
here’s what you’ll need
- 1 cup of organic steel cut oats
- 1 3/4 cup organic milk (almond and coconut milk work great as well)
- 1/4 cup organic cooked pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/8 cup chopped pecans or almonds
let’s get started
- Bring the oats and milk to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer about 3-5 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and nutmeg and stir together until mixture is blended well. Cook for about 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into bowls (not plastic), top with maple syrup and preferred nuts, serve and enjoy!
This recipe makes one very full serving for an adult or two servings for kiddos. Toddler and kiddo approved!
I love to hear about your favorite pumpkin recipes that you and your family enjoy. Comment and share below!